Violence affects children in every country of the world.
Every year, more than 1.6 million people worldwide lose their lives to violence.
Violence is often inflicted by people children know & trust-at home & within the family.
Violence occurs in schools, institutions, on the streets and at home.
"Non-violence requires a double faith, faith in God and also faith in man."
Working together, governments, secular and faith-based organizations can have a greater impact than organizations working alone, to stop violence against children.
Therefore, the World Day of Prayer and Action for Children has launched a three year theme:
Stop Violence against Children.
Celebrated on Universal Children’s Day – 20 November of each year – the World Day promotes the rights and well-being of children through prayer and action.
The following resources can help you plan your World Day of Prayer and Action for Children.
1. Plan Your Event
- Click on to our Event Planning Guide and learn how you can organize in your own area
- Find a World Day activity near you!
2. Prepare your faith-based service:
- Principles of Engagement
- Religious Leaders Resource Guide
- Supplications for Worlds' Children
- How to plan an interfaith service: suggestions from our Co-Chair
3. Organize a "take action" project in your community
- ABCs for Action and Advocacy: A Note On Positive Parenting and Non-Violent Discipline (English)
- ABCs for Action and Advocacy: A Note On Positive Parenting and Non-Violent Discipline (Spanish)
- ABCs for Action and Advocacy: Birth Registration (English)
- ABCs for Action and Advocacy: Prevention of Child Marriage (English)
- ABCs for Action and Advocacy: Prevention of Child Marriage (French)
4. Engage Children and Youth
5. Post your event on-line at our World Day Map
6. Promote and publicize your event
- Press Release Template (Use this template and send to local media outlets.)
7. Share your stories, photos and videos
- We will share your materials on this site
8. Provide Feedback
- Fill out our Feedback Form